My vacuum is on its last wheels so thinking it is time to find a new one. With Spring around the corner, and two dogs who shed, pet hair pick up is a consideration. Recently I read an article on VetStreet about three vacuums that were evaluated on pet hair pick up. Here is the link. If you are short on time, I have provided a summary and added the Amazon ratings.
Dyson - V6 Motorhead
Cost: $399 Weight 3.96 lbs. Amazon: No Reviews (yet)
- About: Cordless, bag-less, with a direct drive motor in the cleaning head. Run time 20 minutes but if on max, 6 minutes.
- Positives: easy to empty, picked up fur, dirt and kitty litter with ease, lightweight, flat enough to go under furniture (where the fur hides)
- Not so positives: bin fills fast, price is high
Panosonic JetForce MC-UL429
Cost: $150 Weight: 15 lbs. Amazon: 2 out of 5 Stars (4 reviews)
- About: Retractable 24 ft cord, PetGlide brush attachment.
- Positives: easy to empty, good size bin, very easy to empty, price, pet hair tool makes easy fur removal on furniture.
- No so positives: bulky size, weight
Bissel Bolt IOn
Cost: $179.99 Weight: 5.6 Amazon: 4 out of 5 Stars (72 reviews)
- About – Not as powerful as Panasonic and Dyson. Runtime 20 minutes
- Positives: price, easy to use, gets up dirt and fur on floors and low pile
- No so positives: less effective on high pile carpets, need to remove filter to clean the bin
Based on the information presented, I will consider the Bissel. I do not want to spend $400 and do not have any high pile carpets. So it just may do the trick. I also like cordless vacs and something that does not take up too much room in the closet.
Do you have a recommendation for a good pet hair vacuum? Please share and let us know. Remember that clean pet homes and beds are healthy for everyone.